Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 09, 2006

Bad News

Well, when the doctor called back on Wednesday it was to let us know that our HCG levels had dropped, and that the doctor wanted to see me on Thursday morning. We went in yesterday morning at 8:30am and met with the doctor. She told us that there was no hope for this pregnancy and we needed to get another D and C. We were admitted immediately, and around 5pm yesterday I had the D and C done. Tuan was with me the whole time, and so wonderful at taking care of me (even when the anesthesia made me barf everywhere on the way home).

It is emotionally hard to go through this again, and I am a bit sore, but I am glad that I didn't have the shock of the pain and bleeding that I had last time. This time I felt at bit more in control of the situation and felt like we did the right thing.

She said if we get pregnant again, which at least we feel like that shouldn't be a problem, they will just give me progesterone to take throughout the first trimester. She said this should do the trick. She told us that 1st miscarriages are very common, 2nd ones are common, and 3rd ones are very rare. They had told has that previously too. She said if for some reason there were a 3rd one then they would do more extensive testing to determine what the problem was.

I am sad, and so is Tuan, but I know people who have been through this more times than I have who have perfectly healthy babies. I also know that God doesn't punish people and there is nothing that I did wrong, so all I can do is continue to look for the reason this is happening. Maybe we are going to be able to be a support for someone else someday, maybe we are supposed to move on that adoption, who knows!

When we got home late last night, Sally was so sweet to drop off flowers for us on the porch! She knew we would prefer to be alone, and respected that, but wanted us to know she cared!

No comments: