
This weekend, even though I didn’t see Turner much we still had a blast. It amazed me that she remembered where I was Saturday and asked me as soon a she saw me Sunday morning. “Did you have fun at the race?” I thought it was very considerate of her to ask.
Turner and I took a trip to K-mart to look for a beach umbrella for our upcoming beach trip. While we were there we had a blast looking at all the things in the store. She saw some marsh mellow that reminded her of smores she describes them to me…. Deacon and Granny and Papaw were involved. I took a picture of her with a scuba diving Mickey mouse. When it was time to go she said good bye to Mickey but ran into a Sponge Bob lunch box. She immediately picked it up and said, “sponge bob going home with us”. While she pass the M&M guy, she pretended that the two of them had a conversation about going to home… the end result of the conversation was the M&M guy couldn’t go but sponge bob could.
Sponge Bob was on sale so I bought it for her, it was $8.99 but it made me think of how bless our family is to be able to do that for her. I remember growing up without much and I know that families aren’t always able to get a sponge bob lunch box on a whim. I hope that Turner doesn’t take these little things for granted. It means a lot to me that she enjoys the sponge bob lunch box ( how do I know?? she slept with it last night). But I also hope she grows up to learn and know that we are blessed in so many other ways besides material things.
For me I feel a little guilt, because I’m able to enjoy these blessings while knowing that a lot of other Dad’s would have had to disappoint their daughters by putting the sponge bob back. It breaks my heart to think of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment