Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 25, 2010

I love my 2 year old!

This morning when I was getting dressed, Turner saw the drawstring on my linen pants, and said, "My tie it", so I let her try. She kept trying to wad it into a bow and messing around with it, but then her face just kind of dropped and she walked away. It was like I just saw in her face when she realized that she really didn't know how, it made me smile and sad at the same time.

Yesterday morning, Turner was running around the breakfast table and talking about how fast she was going, I asked her, "Are you going to run track?". She said, "Yes, just like Thomas".

Turner has done a great job of sleeping in her new toddler bed. She loves getting into it by herself at night and asking....uh, really demanding...us to turn off the light. Yesterday morning, I went in and she was laying in the floor beside her bed with her blanket. I wasn't able to find out how long she had been there, but she definitely seemed to not understand at all why I was so curious about finding out. She was talking to Tuan and he asked her why she was in the floor, and she gave her greatest why-duh inflection as she said, "Just laying in the floor!". This morning, she popped up from her bed when I came in, then moved toward the edge, looked at me and said, "down?". How sweet of her to ask before jumping out! We have such a great two year old!

No comments: