Our little girl is 10 weeks old! I can't believe it! The early part of this week was pretty laid back. Turner and I ran some errands and hung out at home! On Thursday, mom came and we ran around a bit and then she kept Turner while I went to get my hair trimmed! I can't believe how much I miss her now when I go out for a bit! Friday night, Jason and Hannah (http://www.simplesnaps.net/Site/Welcome.html) came over to take some family pictures for us! I can't wait to see how they turn out! I am sure they will be great, but Turner wasn't in the best of moods so hopefully she will look happy in some of them!
While Jason and Hannah were at the house, Turner rolled over TWICE! She hasn't had much of an opportunity to do it since then, but it was very exciting! Tuan was particularly excited!
On Saturday, we decided to celebrate Father's Day since we were going to be gone on Sunday. We started our day with another trip to the doctor's office to check out that rash. It seemed to be spreading to her face and very near her eyes. The cream they gave us before was working on her neck, but I didn't want to put it on her face since I knew it would end up in her eyes or mouth or both! So, the doctor told us this time that it was eczema. He sounded quite certain, and said if she didn't seem irritated by it then he wouldn't recommend putting the cream on her face, but if it started bothering her, just do it sparingly and watch it. The redness actually comes and goes and she seems fine, so we will stop worrying about it!
After that, we tried to beat the threatening thunderstorm to Elizabethton for the Covered Bridge Celebration. We seemed to get there at the same time, so we just enjoyed the rainy afternoon and did what we could. We had a relaxing lunch at a little Korean restaurant, we walked around when we could and we had hoped to see some clogging, but the rain messed that up! Turner was great all day and seems to enjoy being outside when it is not so hot! The rest of the day we spent hanging out at home! Tuan liked the Father's Day gift Turner got for him, she gave him tickets to 10 Greeneville Astros games, or 5 if he takes us!
Sunday, we surprised my dad by bringing Turner to his church! She started out a bit fussy, but then settled down and slept until the service was over! After church we went to his house and fixed his favorite meal and hung out for awhile!
Turner is still doing great in her crib, but we sometimes have trouble figuring out when to put her to bed. She still eats about every 3 hours, so when we gets up in the morning pretty much determines when she eats at night the last time. We haven't started waking her up on a schedule, but probably should. Last night, she ate at 7:15pm, and then went to bed, I thought she would only nap, but ended up staying asleep so she woke up at 1:30am to eat and then was a little fussy at 5am, but went back to sleep. Honestly, I prefer getting up at 1:30am to 3 or 4am, because you can really go back to sleep, but it is ideal when she goes to bed around 9pm and sleeps through. We will keep figuring it out, it is always the debate of do you wake a sleeping baby so she can eat, or let her sleep when she will. We have been trying to let her sleep, but I do think we might need to start working out a schedule. However, I guess we will get one imposed on us when she starts daycare, so it may not matter!
This week I thought of some tips that were passed to me that have really been helpful, I am sure there will be more:
1-Layer bedding, alternating waterproof pads and sheets. Turner had one diaper this week that overflowed, it was so nice to just remove the top layer and not have to change the whole bed. When I do laundry now, I just remove the top layer and add new ones.
2-Have two diaper bags packed. This is nice for a number of reasons, we use one small one and one large, more complete, one. The smaller is great for quick outings, the church nursery, etc., the larger one is great for longer outings or just for emergencies.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Tricia - Your mom was telling me that you were into the digital scrapbooking. I have some things that might be of interest to you. Do you use kits with papers and embellishements in them to create your scrapbook pages? My email is wlsgrouptenn@yahoo.com.
Post a Comment