Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Smiling and Cooing...

Turner has had quite a day today. We had thought we would just be hanging out today and then having lunch with our friends Ashleigh and Loki, but then things got really busy, and we had a totally different day than we had planned. Luckily, we got some sleep last night, 10pm-5am, so we were all well rested! Turner then slept until 9ish, took at nap at 11am for 30 minutes, another 30 minute nap at 3:30pm and is now sleeping since 5pm (it is almost 6). This is amazing for her! She is not typically a daytime sleeper! I wish for it so much, but its weird that I kind of get bored when she is asleep. I am not hoping for her to start sleeping less again, and know that this may just be an unusual day, but it's weird to feel two things at once!

Anyway, Mom was taking Papaw and Linda to the VA for a doctor's appointment today and Dad called called to say that he wanted to take care of Turner while I did some things. Turner was asleep for awhile when he got here, but it was so nice to be able to just do the things I wanted/needed to do for awhile! Later, some guys showed up to do the lawn work we needed, that was a nice surprise from my hubby! Then Shannon Marie came by to drop off somethings and visit with Turner. While she was here, she had Turner laughing and smiling up a storm! (Yesterday, she was cooing alot more, so I hoped this was coming) It was really cute! The UPS guy dropped off some stuff while she was leaving, and then after dad and I attempted to hang some shelves, mom, Papaw and Linda came back and asked us to lunch!

Luckily, Ashleigh and Loki were understanding and willing to look at another day later this week! So, we took Turner for her second restaurant outing and once again, she was a champ! I hope she continues to be so good while out and about! It was funny at the restaurant, the staff were coming out of the kitchen to see her because someone had told them how cute her hair was! She is cute! Linda is really good with babies and seems to love Turner so much!

We were able to try out the sling mom made us today. It worked pretty well, except Turner was sleeping in it in a way that it is not intended to work. Should anyone want to make one, here is the link, I suggest going ahead and ordering rings from this place.

We even took a long walk after everyone left, and it sounds like Tuan plans to take another with us when he gets home! Whew...what a good day!

Tuanism
Sharfit-when Turner farts and a little poop comes out. This came about by accident with Tuan mispronounced the other combo word he was trying to say! Funny!

No comments: