Turner had quite a busy week this week! On Wednesday, we ventured out to have lunch with Sally and Joy at Barberitos, she did a great job, and slept most of the time. We ran a few errands and then came home to take a nap, play, sleep, etc. I caught her sucking her thumb at one point, but she quit pretty quickly. I do not want her to start thumb sucking, I would much prefer the pacifier since she seems to need to be sucking on something, but it was cute.
On Thursday, we had a great lunch with Ashleigh and Loki at their cute new house! It was a great time hanging out with people who know EXACTLY what we are going through. Loki is just two days older than Turner. After lunch, we decided to surprise Tuan by visiting his office, he was so happy we did, but mostly everyone else was spending time with Turner since we happened to show up while he was in a meeting and they hadn't really gotten to see her yet.
Friday, Turner took a lot of little naps, she must be going through a growth spurt or something. She seems to be eating more often and napping a bit more. She continues to sleep really well at night, sometimes we feel the need to wake her up in the morning to eat, other times she wakes up around 4-5 am. Either way, we are really lucky in this area. I hope it stays that way, but I am learning that the only consistent thing with this kid (all kids, I assume) is inconsistency.
Saturday, Tuan, Turner and I spent almost the whole day running around town. She did really well, but I hate that when we go out it messes with the little bit of napping schedule that we have. She kind of sleeps on and off the whole time in the car and then still seems so tired at night. I am not sure how to handle this, we can't stay at home all the time. While we were running errands we went to Babies R Us and they were doing some giveaway thing. I entered and mentioned to Tuan that I have been entering a lot of baby giveaway things lately and never win, he said "Today is the day, I feel it", and wouldn't you know it, I won! Funny! It was some cleaning supplies and we aren't known for cleaning, but I still won!
Sunday, we got really brave and decided to take Turner to Sunday School, we figured that would be a good transition to such things. Well, she did great during Sunday School besides the fact that everyone wanted to hold her and that was a bit disrupting. Then everyone wanted to have lunch at noon, and we weren't planning to stay for church, but weren't sure what to do for an hour, so we decided to go ahead and try church. We took her to the balcony and she did great despite the fact that it was time to eat. We went in and out with her a couple of times for changing, feeding, etc, and decided we were much more disruptive than she was. Next time, I am going to pack an appropriate diaper bag with labeled items, etc and just let her go to the nursery! We have a great nursery program and it will be good for us to get used to doing that for an hour or two.
Well, today, Turner finally gets to meet her Aunt Lanie, Uncle Patrick and Cousin Deacon, should be fun!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment