Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Aggravating News

Well, yesterday I had a doctor's appointment and it was a bit frustrating to say the least. The baby is good, her heartbeat is right were it should be and my belly size is right on track, but I may have some hypertension. I say MAY because they took my blood pressure on the electronic machine and it was 160 over something, 140 is there cut off for concern, but then they took it again manually and it was only 118 over something. I have ALWAYS had great blood pressure so it bothered me to get two conflicting numbers. My doctor doesn't seem too worried, but did mention a couple of times that I probably have some hypertension. My fault probably since I haven't really been exercising or eating the BEST things!

He definitely wasn't worried about my numbness and said it wasn't blood pressure related. He basically confirmed what I had been reading and that is that it is common and caused by normal pregnancy swelling and aggravated by my sciatic nerve problem. I had read that carpal tunnel was really prevalent in pregnancy women due to this swelling and he said that was the cause of the recent numbness in my right hand. I may start wearing a brace on it while I sleep, but we'll see.

So, today, I went for my Glucose Screening. I had to drink a small amount of that nasty orange stuff and then wait one hour in the lab. Then they pricked my finger and said my glucose level was a bit higher than it should be. She said it wasn't really high, but it was high. So, tomorrow, I go back to do the 3 hour test where I drink even more of the nasty orange stuff and then get testing every hour. I had some cereal this morning, so I am hoping that is what caused it to be higher, but that is probably just wishful thinking. Tomorrow's test is a fasting test! We'll see what happens!

No comments: