Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Wishful Thinking

Okay, so I decided to go talk to HR the other day about maternity leave. In my naive little mind I had always assumed (hoped) that maternity leave was 3 months additional leave time to just add onto whatever time you already had. I should've known better, you still have to take your sick and annual leave and then unpaid time for any additional time that you take off. Shucks!

I do understand why the Family and Medical Leave Act was established, I know that women used to lose their jobs while off for a delivery and time with the baby, and I should be happy to just know that my job will be there when I come back, but I am a little disappointed that my dream of having additional leave time has been shattered. Oh well...guess I will just have to go without pay for a bit. I am not going to stop traveling and enjoying my leave time.

Enough whining!

No comments: