Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 18, 2006

We're Pregnant!

I suspected that something was up last Tuesday, so I decided to take a home pregnancy test. Actually, I took two. They were both positive.

So, I took one more test on Wednesday morning, and then I went to see my Family Practitioner, and she confirmed the results with a blood test.

I was able to get into the Specialty Hospital schedule for Thursday morning, to give a blood sample for lab work.

Today, we went to the Specialty Hospital to meet with Melissa Grissinger, the nurse practitioner, for our first exam and to ask some questions. She says as far as the exam went, everything looks fine. Since my cycles are longer than 28 days, and we figure I am only like 4-5 weeks along, we decided to put off the first ultrasound until next Thursday so that we can hopefully have progressed enough to get a heartbeat and be able to better date the birth and get a better delivery date.

So far we have told only our parents (Tuan's mom told Linh and Sa) and our brothers and their wives. I had to tell two people at work because I will be out at doctor's appointments alot. We are NOT telling anyone else for awhile, but it is hard not to tell! It seems like that 13th week will never get here, which is funny because other people's pregnacies seem to progress so quickly.

I decided to do the Jonesborough Yard Sale this weekend to try to make more room for a baby. I want to try to be as productive as possible over the next few months so that I can at least start our new larger family as organized as possible.

No comments: