Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Week 45 February 9-15, 2009

Turner loves to feed herself snacks! Some of her favorites are Cheerios, freeze dried fruit, teething biscuits and little pieces of chicken. She would much rather feed herself than eat her baby food, so we have to do both at the same time. She is also getting to be a pro with her sippy cup! She loves drinking water out of it and gets better at it everyday. She has even started using one a bit at daycare! Today, she signed "more" for the first time, and knows when to use it. The only problem is that sometimes we don't know what she wants more of. Food? Tickles? Drink? It's awesome!

Wednesday, Turner said the first word that we knew she was trying to say..."BALL". She also really tries to say some other things. Ms. Teresa just went on and on on Wednesday when I picked Turner up from daycare about how smart she is. That night we had dinner at church. Thursday evening, Turner and I got to spend some girl time together while Tuan went to a meeting. On Friday, I was home with Turner again, she was up all night sick and unable to get air through her nose. I really hope she is not afflicted with my sinus issues. This season it seems no one can stay well!

Saturday was Valentine's Day and my parents came up to have breakfast with us and keep Turner while we went out for a bit to relax and so that I could get some homework done! I am taking two classes right now and I am kind of behind! We gave Turner a new book for Valentine's Day called "I love you all the time". We had fun reading it together that evening! She loves being read to! We had dinner with mom and dad at Luke's that night and Turner gave us quite a show despite not feeling well. I just looked at her and ask her to say "no", "yes", "more", to wave two different ways and to clap. She did them all with no help! She is awesome!

On Sunday, we went to church, had lunch with Sunday School friends and took naps. We are starting to get into the wonderful habit of taking Sunday afternoon naps. Even Tuan has been taking one. It is wonderful, and luckily, Turner takes her longest nap of the week on Sunday afternoons.

No comments: