Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Week 42-January 19-25, 2009

Monday was the Martin Luther King, Jr Holiday so both Turner and I were out of school. We decided to spend the day with my mom and dad in Hawkins County. As usual she had a great time with them and even decided to crawl for the first time while we were at Mammw's house. How exciting! She is too cute when she crawls too! She pretty much drags one leg and crawls with the other!

Tuesday, we got an unexpected snow day and got to stay home again. It was cool to be able to watch the inauguration festivities all day. I hadn't been able to ever see them before because I am usually at work or in school, so it was really neat to learn all the little fun facts. It is was also important to me to try to tell Turner how momentous it is that we now have the first non-white president, Barack Obama. I know she doesn't understand and it has nothing to do with politics, but he looks more like her than any other president before and we have really turned a corner in our world. It's a big deal!

Wednesday, was a normal day concluding with dinner at church with our church friends. Thursday was another typical day as well. Friday turned into an unplanned night of fun with the Swearingen family. We had dinner at Luke's Pizza and then they came over to play games. As always, Mac and Sarah Kate loved on Turner and she had so much fun playing with them before she had to go to bed.

On Saturday, we had our weekly family breakfast out and then got to have Mac and Sarah Kate over again while Richard and Laura went to see a movie. Again, the kids had so much fun and were a joy. They just love Turner so much! They even stop to see her on Sundays in the nursery just to say hi! While Mac and Sarah Kate were there, the Ellis came by for a quick visit so that we could give Jenna a toy we had gotten her. She still has a lot of adjusting to do, but I know she will love her new family!

Sunday, we went to church and lunch with some people in our Sunday School class and then Turner went back to church with me that evening. When I picked her up from ther nursery they asked me if she knew how to say "Thank You". They thought they had heard her say it. She is smart, but I don't think she is quite that advanced yet.

No comments: