Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Week 30

As usual, on Monday, I had a meeting, so Turner got to spend some very fun time with her Daddy after daycare. They have so much fun playing together. I wish I could make her laugh the say he does, but she seems to prefer me for comfort. Who knew I was comforting?

On Tuesday, we took Turner for a follow up visit to the doctor to check out her status after a week of being very sick. She passed with flying colors and when we mentioned again that she wasn't eating well, the doctor suggested that it might be due to the antibiotics. So, she told us to go get a probiotic and after only one dose she started eating better. Poor baby's stomach was bothering her! I had a girls night on Tuesday night, so Turner once again got to spend some fun time at home with Daddy.

Wednesday and Thursday were pretty normal, and on Friday we celebrated Turner's first Halloween by going to our friend Chad's house on the "tree streets". There are hundreds of trick or treaters on the tree streets and I bet we only would've had 5 or 10 at our house. Our whole Sunday School class came and we had so much fun! Everyone loved on Turner so much and she even fell asleep in Ms. Ashley's arms. She was absolutely the cutest monkey ever and we picked her costume because we always said she had monkey toes.

On Saturday morning, we drove to Tuan's parents' house. They hadn't seen Turner in awhile and probably wouldn't get to see her again until Christmas so we decided to go down for the rest of the weekend. We even got to go have Big Ed's pizza and we celebrated his Dad's birthday with a special meal. We had to leave fairly early on Sunday so that I could get back to go to a work retreat, and Turner and Tuan spent some more time playing.

I called to tell them I was coming home from the retreat and Tuan sounded so stressed out. The issue was that he had tried to feed her baby food chicken, and she didn't like it at all. She was screaming her head off. We only do meats mixed with other things now, she doesn't seem to mind that. I think it is the texture that threw her off, it is pretty nasty!

On a general note, Turner says "dada" all the time now, but I am not sure if we should count it as anything since she doesn't seem to associate it with Tuan. It is cute though, and we certainly try to believe that she is calling for her daddy!

No comments: