Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 18, 2008

Week 19, Part 2

Thursday, was just a normal day at our house! Tuan dropped Turner off at daycare, I picked her up, we play, then we all go to bed!

Turner has been a little fussier about going to bed lately, she has trouble settling down to sleep, she eventually does, but it is much later than we plan for it to be and we have to go back there a bunch of times to replace her pacifier. She is usually asleep, but fussy in her sleep! It's kind of weird! One funny thing related to this is that since she is sleeping more on her tummy, when her pacifier falls out she tends to raise her head up 90 degrees when she is fussing and wants it back. When we go back there and put it in her mouth, her head immediately falls down and she is sound asleep again. When I say her head falls, I mean it, it almost bounces she lets it fall so fast. It is kind of funny, I will try to get video of it!

She is also generally snotty still, especially at night and in the morning! Does anyone know if this is normal for babies? I assume it probably is, but I fear she has inherited her mother's respiratory problems, and that they are starting really early!

Friday, Tuan had to go to Nashville for a funeral and I had to direct a wedding rehearsal that night so Turner got to spend some time with my mom, her Aunt Melanie and her cousin, Tori. I went with them to pick her up from daycare around 1pm and she was ready to eat so I sat down and gave her the bottle. Tori loved the daycare, and Ms. Teresa was so sweet to her, she even read a book to Tori and one of the other babies while we were waiting on Turner to eat. They were so nice to Tori and there were so many toys around that she refused to leave. It took us a while to get her out! Then we all visited my work so that the people I work with could see Turner, they loved her, just like everyone else does! Then mom, Melanie and Tori went to our house to babysit until I could get home.

Saturday morning, the three of us went to brunch and then I went to direct the actual wedding while Tuan and Turner spent some time together! I am not sure what all they did, but I know they always have fun! Turner has really enjoyed watching the Summer Olympics , she will just stare at the TV. Actually, she likes watching anything on TV, we will need to do something about this later. It is cute, I guess it is the light and movement, or maybe she just gets it from her TV junky parents. That evening Turner and I took a long nap in the recliner while Tuan mowed the lawn! I love holding her while we nap, I try not to do it too often, but I enjoy it so much! It is such special time, and I know it will end soon! She is growing so fast!

Sunday was a completely lazy day at our house! We went to church and lunch, and then we spent most of the afternoon just laying in our bed playing with Turner, reading books, talking and napping! It was great!

No comments: