She is still not a huge eater, but is eating 5 oz regularly now, and eats about 6 times a day. She goes to bed about 8 and gets up around 6:45am during the week. This weekend, she woke up around 7:30am each morning, and then when we would lay her down for a nap after playing with her she woke up both mornings just when we needed her to so that we could leave! She has figured us out!
Her pattern these days is sleep, play, eat, play, sleep, play, eat, etc.! She rubs her eyes and yawns when she is tired and when we lay her down awake and she goes right to sleep. She still likes to be swaddled when she sleeps. At night we give her bath, feed her, read her a book and lay her down!
She loves to sit in her swing now and look at the animals that circle above her, and she even likes her bouncy seat now! She still only fusses when she needs something! She is smiling more and started to laugh a little, but not much! She is getting much stronger in her neck and holds her head up much more. She doesn't like tummy time, but when she is on her tummy, she is learning to put her arms under her, so she should be pushing up soon! She likes to go to baseball games. Her favorite toy now is her plastic rings, and she is starting to want to chew on things, but her teething toy seems to be too heavy for her to hold well. She has shown signs of teething for a week or so now! She is also starting to try to hold things with two hands.
Okay, so those are the general updates on our wonderful little girl, here are this weeks specifics.
On Monday, I was thrilled that Turner got to spend the day at home with her Granny rather than going to day care! It was my first full day at work, so it was hard again to leave her. She did great though! I think they had a fun day at home together!
Tuesday was her first full day at daycare, she did well, and actually full days might be better because I think she gets more quiet time later in the day, and when she was leaving half days, I think she was leaving right as she was getting settled. That evening we took her to mom and dad's to see Lanie and Deacon while they were in town. Deacon was so excited to see Turner when she arrived, and we were all able to go celebrate Zach's birthday with him after dinner.
Wednesday, I took Turner to a meeting with some friends after work, and she just sat there and looked around the entire time. Jennifer and Laura seems to like Turner so much, it is nice to have friends that love your kid. When I went to get her at daycare she was sleeping, so I made sure to wait while she rested, but it was weird just sitting in the baby room at daycare! I am happy to see that there are quieter times in that room than I thought there were initially.
On Thursday, the Swearingens brought us a DELICIOUS dinner of chicken enchiladas with toppings and HOMEMADE blueberry pie. Since it was my first week back to work and they hadn't been able to bring dinner after Turner was born, they decided to do it now! It was WONDERFUL! After dinner, the Swearingens and I picked some blackberries. It was fun!
![]() |
| blackberry pickin' |
On Friday, Turner and I played for a long time after her nap, and I even gave her a bath by myself. This is usually Tuan's thing, but he was running late, and she was getting really sleepy! It is much easier with two people. Speaking of Turner's nap, she has been ready for a nap around pick up time at daycare, and it has been so nice that she falls asleep about halfway home and then sleeps for a bit at home so that I can put things away and just spend time focusing on her when she wakes up. Then when Tuan comes home, he plays with her for awhile before bed.
Saturday morning, we decided to reinstate our Saturday morning breakfast ritual and it was Turner's first time to be included. It was fun! Then we ran some errands and I was able to get a pedicure while Tuan and Turner hung out with me. We ended the day with another baseball game!
Sunday, we went to church and then just hung out at home playing and napping! Well, Turner was napping. We were doing housework while she napped!
Okay, so here are a couple of other things I wanted to mention. As I said, Turner sleeps great at night! The problem is that Tuan and I have not been sleeping well! I guess we are subconsciously listening for her which means we are never in a deep sleep. I have been sleep walking/talking and generally being an annoying sleeper this week. One night I decided (in my sleep) that I needed to go check on the baby and was leaving the room, Tuan stopped me, not sure if I would've actually gone or not. One night, I was convinced she was lost under our covers and got up to start looking for her. One night, I got up and turned on the lamp, but then woke myself up. One night, I remember getting in Tuan's face to try to tell him something. Then last night I got up again. I am sure this is all anxiety based, but since I have to get up at 5:30am anyway, and since Tuan hasn't been sleeping well without my help, it is hard on us!
Lastly, I had mentioned that we thought Turner was getting a cold last week, I think we have decided that it is simply teething related, and it seems to have evened off a bit. She was definitely snotty, she was holding her ear, she was drooling like crazy, she felt slightly warm and she started doing some weird thing with her mouth that looked like she was massaging her gums! Anyway, it still continues, I hope it doesn't bother her too much when the teeth actually come in!


No comments:
Post a Comment