4/6/2008
Female
1:03pm
7 lbs 11 oz 20 inches
We checked into the hospital at 7am on Sunday to be induced. They started the Pitocin (spelling?)at 8am, and very soon after that reached the goal of 5 contractions in 10 minutes.This process can take hours so I guess I was lucky, the bad news was that my dilation wasn't progressing all that quickly, so it was a lot of pain for not much result. Actually, the pain was really bad, but I think the pain would have been tolerable if the contractions hadn't been every 2 minutes and lasting a minute each. There was no time to recover in between, and I gave up much more quickly than I intended to which ended up being a good decision because when they checked me again to see how the dilation was coming I was at 5, but the baby had turned and was breech. She had been in the right position for weeks, so why she turned is a big unknown. They probably could've turned her, but they had already broken my water so there wasn't enough fluid to turn her with and they noticed that she was passing meconium (poop). So, they decided to do a C-section, and when they decided to do one, it happened very quickly. It was considered somewhat of an emergency. From the time they said "C-Section" to the time she was born it was about 45 minutes or less. All is well! Everyone is heatlhy, I am just a bit sore. Turner latched on very quickly, so hopefully this breastfeeding thing will continue to go well!
Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us and asking how we are!
My parents were there when she was born. Melanie and Jessica came up very quickly and helped us send pictures to everyone with the help of the nursery staff. Tony, Angela, Julie and Melody came by to say hello, and Tuan's parents with his brother's family came by for a few hours that evening!
It was a good day, but very full of alot of activity and excitement!
We LOVED our nurse today, her name was Kim! Unfortunately she won't be working any more while we are here! We plan to stay the maximum number of days that insurance will let us. It is so nice to have help!
Today (the day after she was born)Turner had some more visitors. My parents came back to spend a few hours, Michael Lester, one of our pastors, stopped by and Kim Latimer from the church's nursery came by. She brought the cutest little t-shirts that say "I am a Mini Methodist". She also brought a bib that the "Knit One Pray Two" circle made with a cute little luggage tag with the "mini methodist" stuff on it too. I didn't realize the church had those cute little things or would make such visits. I should've expected it. All the baby stuff was in a cute little bag that someone else must have sewn.
We also got some flowers today from Granny and Papaw, Lisa and Trung and a bear and balloon from Amber. We got flowers from our Sunday School class too. We also got a bear and balloons with no name of who sent them. It is really cute, but there is a balloon with it that says "It's a Boy". We aren't sure if the florist messed up or if it is a joke. We'll try to call the place that did it soon to find out.

No comments:
Post a Comment