Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 27, 2008

3 Weeks Old

Well, we made it through 3 weeks, here are the highlights!

On Sunday night, Chris and Megan from our Sunday School class brought over some more yummy food! We sure did enjoy resting the whole day that day!

Monday, mom and dad came to hang out with me again for 1/2 a day, since I was still not ready I was sure to go it alone. 1/2 a day seemed like a good start to the transition to their freedom! I also left the house for the first time on my own to go get my allergy shot, funny how such a little outing can seem like such a big deal, but it was so nice to know that Turner was well cared for at home with mom.

On Tuesday, I was ready to try a day by myself with Turner, and it went okay. I am really glad I have let mom and other people help me so much, that is not typically my nature, but on Tuesday I felt like I was ready to at least try it. It went okay, actually better than I thought, she slept good, I made it a point to rest and things went okay.

On Wednesday, mom came up early to go with Turner and I to the doctor(I will be glad when I can carry more than 10 lbs). Tuan surprised us by meeting us there, he really wanted to see how Turner's weight was doing since this was a weighing appointment. Well, she was up to 7lbs and 13 oz. Finally, passed her birth weight, everyone was so excited and now we don't have to go back until she is 2 months old. We also found out that Turner has a birthmark called "Mongolian Spots", not doubt a tribute to her Asian heritage. Mom and I had been wondering why her backside and back were blue (like a bruise) and her ankles too, well, it seems that it is common in Asian kids according to our doctor. He also said in some communities, like Irish-American communities, people have been reported for child abuse because they look so much like bruises. I am going to have to remember to let people know about them if we leave her somewhere, like the nursery, but what if they think I am just trying to cover my butt?

Mom and I decided to try to run some errands with her, and she did well, but it is really hard to feed her while out and about. She only wants to snack most of the time, no matter where we are, so we were constantly having to stop to try to feed her enough to buy a little more time. We also stopped by my work to let some people meet her briefly, they were sad that I wouldn't let them touch her (doctor's orders for her to be out in public), but they sure enjoyed seeing her, especially Dr. Bader, he is a sucker for babies! :) Chad, from Sunday School, came by that night and brought us some dinner. It is really a great support group when even the single guys are chipping in to help with food.

On Thursday, we went it alone again, and again, I really tried to take it as easy as possible. I think that helps alot, it definitely helps my back. I was getting to the point on most days that my back was killing me by the time Tuan came home and I was worthless. I still tend to pass her off to him when he gets in, but now at least I am focusing on trying not to get too exhausted. I am realizing that I can let the bottles and stuff sit and wash once and stuff like that. I am also trying to just lay and sleep or read a few times a day. It is weird, but I have found myself daydreaming about what I would be doing if I were working, sad when that sounds easier! :) I have been thinking about how I dread leaving her though when I do go back. By the time I am released for doing all the things I would like to do, my time off is over half done! I can't believe that! Thursday's big first for Turner was her first big spit up! She hasn't done any of that, so imagine our surprise when it was everywhere!

On Friday, I really wanted to get out of the house and waited for just the right time (I thought) to take Turner out in her stroller for a walk. We got about 1/4 of the way done and she was wailing. I think I waited to late in the day and because I had to shield her from the sun she was too hot! That night Dianna, from church, brought over some more great food!

On Saturday, Tuan's parents came over again and Turner was thrown way off her schedule. They just love her so much and wanted to spend so much time loving on her that she didn't sleep all day! Even after they left, we couldn't get her to rest. She wasn't all that fussy, just a bit, but we felt bad for her. Something didn't seem right, we think she may have had a tummy ache or something, she was certainly burping and pooping a lot! That afternoon, we rested a bit and even spent some time reading!

Today, Turner is definitely making up for not sleeping yesterday and slept fairly well last night. She typically goes for one 5-6 hour stretch between feedings and one 4 hour stretch. This works out well, since we really only get up once at a horrible hour. Today, she has been napping between meals all day! Jeff and Jen brought lunch over after church and caught us up on what's been going on, and another Sunday School friend, Jennifer, brought over dinner tonight! Now we are just resting up and enjoying another restful and rainy Sunday!

No comments: