Well, yesterday's appointment turned out to be a bit more interesting than expected. I went in planning on discussing payment terms, medical history and doing bloodwork. All of which were done, but here are the interesting parts.
During the insurance verification process it seems that with my new insurance I only have to pay one $15 co-pay and everything else is covered at 100%. Sounds too good to be true, but I am going to go with it.
During the medical history, the nurse, who happens to be married to the Dr. I originally was working with to see why we kept miscarrying, looked over the first round of blood tests from before I knew I was pregnant. A red flag went up for her because my progesterone levels were low. She said they could be low because I wasn't pregnant yet, but she wanted to make sure because I could've been pregnant then. Anyway, when she ordered the new blood work, she ordered another progesterone test and consulted with my Dr. before I went up to take the tests.
She told me to call today to have them check the results. When I called, they pulled the results and said they would need to call me back. Turns out, my levels were somewhere around nine and the baseline they use is from 0-24, so I was pretty low. Now, I am ordered to go on progesterone supplements everyday. I know the doctor I met with last week was practicing with his best knowledge and judgement and even had doctor's above him backing him up on not just randomly perscribing progesterone, but I am so glad that this nurse looked at the tests from before even though it seemingly wouldn't mean much now that I am pregnant. She really could've made all the difference in this pregnancy, we'll see if it works!
Friday, August 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment